I’m sure most of you have heard about the magic of frozen bananas, right? It still amazes me how fluffy, creamy and soft they get after a run in the food processor. So how incredible would it be to add in some raw brownie bites and a raw caramel swirl? I know, I’m ice creaming my pants too. Too much?
. . .
Let’s move on!
The Banana Ice Cream
- 5 ripe bananas (preferably with lots of brown spots)
- 1 can of coconut cream (this is optional but adds a bit more fluff)
- Many chunks of B-Raw-Nie
- 3 tablespoons Raw Salted Caramel
- Peel, chop and freeze bananas for 4+ hours
- Run bananas and coconut cream in a food processor until smooth
- Take a moment to appreciate the magic of bananas
- Place in a tin / I used a bread loaf tin thingy
- Place in the freezer and leave for 30 minutes
- Take out of the freezer and mix with a spoon
- Freeze again for 30 minutes
- Take out, mix with spoon
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Take out, mix, add in b-raw-nie bites
- Pour caramel on top and give it a swirl
- Place back in freezer until you can’t wait any longer
The reason behind taking the ice cream out a few times to mix it is to break down the crystallization, which will give you a smoother result.
tumblr : http://milkingalmonds.tumblr.com
instagram : @milkingalmonds & #milkingalmonds