Did you see the title of this post? Did it give you butterflies?
I have this love for cheese that will not go away. For good reasons, I haven’t had actual cheese for a long time, but I will never forget her soft touch and velvety strings. When I think about what she’s made of, it of course grosses me out, but I will always remember her taste.
Thankfully, more and more vegan cheeses pop up here and there. Some of them are bad, some of them are really good. And some of them even have the ability to act as a rebound for me, and it fills the void in my heart.
The world is a good place again.
The Balsamic Blueberries
- 2 deciliter blueberries / fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 pinch of vanilla bean powder
The Balsamic Blueberry Directions
- Add everything to a small saucepan on a medium heat. Smash the blueberries with a fork whilst stirring.
- Bring it to a slight boil and let it do its thing for about 5 minutes.
- Pour into a mesh strainer. Save the liquid/syrup for desserts! Or cocktails!
The Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices of a good Italian bread / I used Pane di Altamura
- 2 slices of your vegan cheese of choice
- Dairy free margarine for the bread
- Plenty of the Balsamic Blueberries
- A few leaves of basil or mint
- White cracked pepper
The Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Cheese Directions
- Heat up a skillet to a medium to high heat and butter yo bread.
- Place one slice of bread; butter down and place the cheese on top.
- Let it sizzle and crisp up until your bread is golden brown. Add the blueberries.
- Add the other slice of bread on top; butter side up. Flip. Cook until golden brown.
- Cut in half and serve hot. Enjoy!