I’m just gonna toot my own horn for a second, okay?
THIS IS THE BEST BANANA BREAD IN THE HISTORY OF TIME.
It is firm, soft, spongy, banana-y, sweet, buttery, heavenly.
I mean, come on!
The banana bread;
• 4 ripe bananas
• 250 grams of spelt flour
• 100 milliliters of almond milk
• 100 grams of plantbased butter
• 150 grams of cane sugar
• 50 grams of Muscovado sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 vanilla bean
• 100 grams of good quality dark chocolate
• Preheat oven to 175°C / 350°F and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
• Mash the bananas with a potato masher or a fork. Really mash it good.
• In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and two sugars.
• Combine the banana mash with the creamed butter.
• Add the almond milk, vanilla seeds and sea salt.
• Chop the chocolate into chunks and add to the mix.
• Sift in the flour along with the baking powder and baking soda.
• Whisk gently to combine; making sure not to overmix.
• Pour the banana bread batter into the loaf tin and bake for 1 hour + 10 minutes. (If the top of the banana bread gets too dark too quickly, place a piece of tin foil over the top.)
Let cool completely and enjoy with coffee!