I love adding fruit to pizzas. One of my absolute favourites has always been pineapple pizza. It doesn’t really need much else than that. A good pizza base, a good sauce, lots of pineapple and some dairy-free cheese.
Lately though, I’ve been in love with the combination of savoury food and grapes. I put them in and on everything. They add such a lovely sweetness and the flavour isn’t overpowering at all.
So naturally I decided to make a grape pizza. And with the addition of garlic, red onion and roasted hazelnuts, it was divine.
• A good quality store bought or homemade pizza base
• A good quality pizza sauce or white, creamy sauce
• Your favourite non-dairy shredded cheese
The pantry list;
• 1 clove of garlic
• 15-20 red grapes, seedless
• 10 raw hazelnuts
• 1 red onion
• Preheat your oven to 200°C / 390°F.
• Roughly chop the hazelnuts and halve the grapes. Mince the garlic and slice the onions.
• Smear your choice of pizza sauce over the base. Don’t skimp here.
• Place non-dairy cheese all over. Follow with onion slivers, garlic, grapes and hazelnuts.
• Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the topping are cooked.
• Serve with a side of salad and an ice cold beer.
Remember to share your #milkingalmonds recreations on Instagram by using the hashtag. It’s it kind of my favourite thing.