You know that feeling when you walk into the kitchen with a purpose and you walk out with a confused smile on your face? You’re just trying to experiment with a recipe and you end up with something completely different that you would have never thought to come up with ever in your life? Like trying to be creative with falafels and ending up with something that tastes A LOT like tuna salad? No? Well, it happened to me yesterday and I’m still confused but I just went with it. So instead of falafels, I present to you a very healthy no-tuna salad! Yeah… I don’t know what’s happening either.
The No-Tuna Salad
- 1 can of organic chickpeas / rinsed & drained
- 4 tablespoons organic rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons organic pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons organic sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon organic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor
- Leave it a bit chunky or completely smooth, if you wish
- Pretty cool, huh?
Try it on some soft, grainy, organic rye bread with salad and a bit of mustard.