Now, this sauce is good for just about anything. I’m not lying; I really mean it. In sandwiches, as a pasta sauce, on pizza or just as it is with some bread.
Parsnips are the creamiest little things, when they have had a spin in the blender. Who would have known?
This means that they act as the delicious, silky smooth part of the sauce. No cream necessary.
Let me show you how it works.
The Parsnip & Pomegranate Sauce
- 2 parsnips
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 lemon / the juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150 milliliter water / more or less
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Steam, roast or boil the parsnips until they are tender
- Run all ingredients in a blender adding water a bit at a time to adjust thickness
- Can be served hot or cold / equally as delicious