It’s ramson season, woop. This beautiful wild garlic is only in season for about 4 weeks out of the entire year, and since it is one of my favorite things to eat, ever, you can probs imagine me moonwalking across my kitchen floor right now. Well, I’ve just sat down to write this post, but you know what I mean.
Anyways, ramsons! And peas, right? And other good stuff.
The Soup (serves 4)
- 75 g unsalted cashews / soaked for at least 4 hours
- 130 g peas / defrosted if frozen
- 700 ml water / roughly 3 cups
- 1 large shallot / or white onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 cm of fresh horseradish / or 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 12-15 ramson leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch each of salt & pepper
Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours. Chop shallot & horseradish and sauté until fragrant and slightly browned. Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender such as the Omni and let it run for about 60 seconds (if using a standard blender, let it run for about 3 minutes). Pour the mixture into a pot on a medium heat and let it heat through and thicken slightly. Serve immediately. And, enjoy.