I’ve had some extra love for kale lately. I sneak it into my sandwiches, use it in smoothies and I even bake it and eat it as chips. Why would I not? It’s so versatile, so tasty and so, so, so healthy.
Today I’m using it as the base for this delicious salad that serves 2.
The Potato & Pear Kale Salad
- 2 servings of kale / around 5 stalks
- 400 grams of small, firm potatoes
- 1 small handful of fresh tarragon
- 10-ish asparagus
- 1-2 pear(s)
- 1 handful of roasted pine nuts
The Kale Dressing
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch of sea salt and white pepper
- Boil the potatoes and leave them as they are or roast in the oven at 200°C/390°F until crispy. Sprinkle with sea salt and tarragon. (If roasting, add the tarragon beforehand.)
- Wash the kale and tear it into bite sized pieces. Mix the dressing ingredients and pour over the kale in a bowl. Massage the kale for a few minutes or until it has softened to your preference.
- Cut the asparagus into little chunks and steam or sauté.
- Cut the pear into slices or little chunks – whichever you prefer.
- Place the kale on a plate with the potatoes, the asparagus, the pear, the pine nuts, a sprinkle of white pepper and some lime to serve.