Today it is time for a new smoothie in my Rainbow Smoothie Series and I thought it would be a good time to give you my favourite pink smoothie recipe. The main component in this pretty drink is beetroot.
8 Health Benefits of Beetroot
1. Reduces blood pressure and the risk of heart attacks and strokes
2. Powerful antioxidant properties
3. Folic acid
4. Reduces risk of osteoporosis
5. Lowers cholesterol
6. Stabilises blood sugar
7. Treats anaemia and fatigue
8. Helps slow progression of dementia
Information found at Love Beetroot. Click the link for more detailed facts.
The Pink Smoothie
- 2 small beets or 1 large
- 2 dl raspberries / frozen or fresh
- 2 white peaches
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 dl water or nut milk
- 1 teaspoon flax (optional)
- a pinch of pure vanilla powder
- Run all ingredients in your blender until smooth. Add water/nut milk gradually to control thickness.
- Serve with a straw and sprinkle with dried fruit, nuts, seeds etc.