Are you looking at this? It’s caramel! Caramel! It’s so incredibly wonderful and it’s made from 100% natural ingredients. That’s just how we roll. And this caramel / caramel sauce is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. Sad? Absolutely not.
It’s THAT good!
The Salted Caramel
- 16 fresh dates
- 10-13 tablespoons liquid (I used coconut water & coconut milk. You can also use almond milk, rice milk or even plain water.)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Remove the pits and the skins from the dates*
- Run dates and vanilla powder in your food processor
- Add your liquids a bit at a time until your preferred consistency is achieved
- Add salt to taste
*you don’t HAVE to remove the skins. I like removing them for a smoother caramel.
Okay, one more…
You can use it in cakes, ice creams, raw treats, pancakes or right off the spoon!
Now go make it and have your mind blown!