I have learned so many things from Friends, like keeping baby chickens away from the VCR, to spell “HELP” backwards so that the helicopters can read it from the air, how to properly use eyedrops, to stop the q-tip when there is resistance and that everyone needs their own cookie recipe.
My girlfriend and I have baked and baked and tasted and tasted (such hard work, I know) and we have now come up with what I believe is the perfect homemade cookie!
Perfectly sweet, chewy, buttery, chocolatey and with just the right amount of salt and almond essence, this cookie is sure to satisfy any cookie craving you may experience. Ever. Seriously.
The Chocolate Chip Almond Cookie
- 2 deciliter spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds / ground
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond essence (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 50 milliliter extra virgin coconut oil / melted
- 1/2 deciliter raw cane sugar
- 1/2 deciliter muscovado sugar
- 30 g vegan chocolate of your choice / chopped
The Chocolate Chip Almond Cookie Directions
- Preheat oven to 175°C / 350°F
- Mix all of your dry ingredients in a bowl; spelt flour, ground flax seeds, baking powder, vanilla bean powder & Himalayan salt
- In a separate bowl, mix all of your wet ingredients; almond essence, apple cider vinegar, almond milk, coconut oil, cane sugar & muscovado sugar
- Thoroughly combine wet & dry and fold in the chopped chocolate
- Divide the dough into 8-10 pieces and shape like pictured above and place on a baking tray with parchment paper
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes (depending on how precise your oven is)
- Take out the cookies and let them rest on the baking tray for 5 minutes
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack until they are completely cooled / or until you can’t keep your hands off any longer
- Enjoy that little precious moment between a mouth and a cookie; that’s the realest form of romance!
Connect with milkingAlmonds
tumblr : http://milkingalmonds.tumblr.com
instagram : @milkingalmonds & #milkingalmonds