It should be no secret that I absolutely love burgers. I mean, who doesn’t?
A burger full of flavor & texture, a creamy dressing to go with it and some soft & crispy bread wrapped around it all… I believe it’s a form or art. No, seriously.
I thought it would be fun to create an all green burger, full of all my favorite green foods. This is what I came up with, and I promise you it’s the best burger I’ve ever made.
Just look at it . . .
You should make this. I mean, if you loved yourself you would . . .
The Green Burger
- 1/2 deciliter pistachio nuts
- 2 deciliter edamame beans / cooked and chilled
- 1 can of chickpeas / rinsed and drained
- 1 generous handful of parsley
- 1 generous handful of coriander
- 1 small handful of basil
- 4 cloves of garlic / crushed
- 5 things of spring onion
- 1 lime / the zest (save the juice for the dressing)
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour / or whatever flour you have lying around
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
The Avocado & Mint Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime / the juice
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 sprigs of mint (around 20 leaves)
- 1 thing on spring onion / finely chopped
The Green Burger Directions
- Chop the spring onion to your desired size
- Run edamame beans, chickpeas, pistachios, parsley, coriander, basil & garlic in a food processor until chunky, but well combined
- Transfer to a bowl and combine with spring onion and all the remaining ingredients
- Chill the mix in your fridge for about 30 minutes / or 15 minutes in the freezer
- In the meantime, mix your dressing by mashing up the avocado and adding in the rest of the listed ingredients / refrigerate until you’re ready to use it
- Shape into 6 (or more, depending on your preferred size) burgers, sprinkle with black pepper
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat, give it a slight olive oil drizzle and cook the burgers / 5 mins. on each side
- Pair with your favorite green salad leaves, the avocado & mint dressing, some cress or sprouts and some delicious bread