Happy New Year, people!
I’m kicking off 2015 with these vanilla yogurt pancakes. Because why wouldn’t I?
• 125 grams of regular flour
• 1 tablespoon of cane/white sugar
• 2 tablespoons of flavour-neutral oil
• 1 tablespoon of baking powder
• 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or powder
• 1.5 deciliters of non-dairy milk
• 1 deciliter of non-dairy yogurt
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• Whisk yogurt, milk, oil, sugar, salt, vanilla and vinegar together until frothy.
• Sift in the flour and baking powder; whisk gently until combined.
• Let the batter chill out for a 10 minutes while you heat up your cast iron (or other non-stick) skillet to about a medium heat.
• Drizzle a bit of oil or a small teaspoon of non-dairy butter on the skillet and cook the pancakes for about 3 minutes on each side.
• Serve warm with maple syrup. Enjoy!
Remember to share your #milkingalmonds creations on Instagram using the hashtag.